Undo it and knit it again

The life and times of a retired knitter

Name:
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wildlife

When I visited the small supermarket on the estate a couple of weeks ago there was a stand for the Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust. Today their pack of information etc arrived and I am impressed by the number of wildlife sites which they manage in the county.
I'd like to know more about wildlife - I'm not bad on birds and I know where to get information, but I'd really like to know about trees and plants. I might wander down to the centre in Oadby and see if they have any books.
There is a local group which meets in Woodhouse Eaves. I'm a bit nervous about joining that because they are all 'posh' up there, but it's the nearest by a long way. I will have to pluck up courage and go.
This week DIL invited me along to a quizz run to raise money for the RSPCA. It was good fun and raised nearly £600! The fact that we won 4 bottles of wine didn't hurt, either. Quizzes are no fun when you can't answer any of the questions. Usually I hate the music rounds because it's all people I never heard of, but this actually had simple questions on opera etc.
Knitting is not a happy topic since my arm/shoulder continues to plague me. It seems to be better when I work with short needles, like for socks, but I'm panting to do some lace work with lovely yarn. I think a visit to the doc might be in order, but what will I do if he says it's permanent and I can't knit? Ignore him, I suppose. I think today I might experiment with knitting as much as I want, what I want, and see how bad it gets. There is rugby on the tv, I have the first of the House dvd's and will go and buy wine. What more can a woman want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home