Undo it and knit it again

The life and times of a retired knitter

Name:
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Grumps

The cold spell last week made me feel (strongly) that it was time to add a sweater (or two) to my own drawers. So I got out my Freedom Spirit and knitted determinedly, to see how fast I could make myself something to wear.
So determinedly that I have hurt my arm/shoulder, and have had to stop knitting.
Which leaves a problem: what do I do if I can't knit? And of course, when you can't knit, you want to all the more. Crochet seems to make things worse. If I try patchwork, pulling the thread through and therefore stretching the arm is painful. Would try bobbin lace only I don't have a pillow or pricking card, and can't find any shops which sell them. I don't want to spend a huge lot in case that doesn't work either.
Definitely grumps.
When I retired, I did think of writing a book. I was going to write about this vampire teacher. But I didn't think I'd be very good, so I didn't.
More grumps.
Cat Bordhi's book arrived this morning so I'm going to experiment with a very little, very gentle sock knitting - on 4 needles for now, since I don't have enough short circs. But worth a try. I'd cross my fingers, but that might make knitting difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home