Undo it and knit it again

The life and times of a retired knitter

Name:
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Can't spare much time

Because I need to be stroking and oohing over the Posh yarns that I bought with DS's Christmas voucher, which arrived this morning. I couldn't order before because of the trip to Devon, so I took advantage of One-off-Sunday to choose this:
I've tried several angles to try and get the best photo, but it still doesn't do justice to the vibrancy of the colours. On the right is Saskia, and on the left Sophia 2-ply. I'm hoping to join the KAL for VLT which has been started by Lothlorien, and intend to have chosen the project by tonight. (I've only been trying to decide what to make out of this book since I bought it MONTHS ago).
Kai tagged me for 6 weird things about myself. Now that's a problem: how do I choose six? Maybe they won't seem weird to anybody else.
1. When I take the dogs for a walk to the country park, I sing as I walk. Yes, loudly. Have I got a nice voice? Well, even my father said it sounded like a cinder under the door. On the other hand, when I used to sing in the car to keep the kids occupied (when they were little!), they didn't seem to mind it.
2. Although I don't like butterflies (that may seem weird to some people), I have a blue butterfly tattooed on my arm.
3.My besetting sin is the need to apologise. Someone bashes into me on the pavement? I apologise. When I've done it, I realise that it wasn't my fault so no need to apologise, but I KEEP ON DOING IT.
4.I'm a binge person. No cleaning for weeks, then I binge on it. Used to be the same at work, and would focus on a task for weeks, day and night, and then just let it go.
5. I still love Elvis. I know he's dead, and those impersonators are disgusting, but he's still the King.
6. I really feel Welsh, in spite of having lived in England for over 40 years.

Things my family find weird, like the obsession with all things to do with knitting, wouldn't seem weird to another knitter.

Time to go stroke some more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

keep stroking!!

it looks so yummy and gorgeous..
i keep missing the weds/sun salesy stuff on posh yarns... really must be more orgnaised!

i sing too. very loudly. in the car. while i'm out on a stroll or even shopping. it's fun!! :)

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home