Undo it and knit it again

The life and times of a retired knitter

Name:
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Resolutions are meant to be broken




Maybe.


I meant to work conscientiously on presents, but then at the park yesterday it was SOOOO cold I started thinking about scarves and mobius thingies. When I got home I just researched a little - the way you do - and got fascinated by this way of achieving the twist while knitting in the round and had to have a try. So here it is, with thanks to 'Simply Knitting' for pattern and instructions. I might experiment now with just knitting a loop and twisting deliberately - the thing we all try to avoid - and also experiment with different patterns.

It's certainly cosy and warm around the neck - it is snugger than a conventional scarf and, of course, avoids the tedious repeats.


New book just arrived - Victorian Lace Today - so am off to read it over a coffee.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home