Undo it and knit it again

The life and times of a retired knitter

Name:
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Another FO


I've been working on another tank for DD - trying to match her hair which is petrol blue with pink and black highlights. I think I've failed to get the colour!

I've also struggled with the pattern - was trying to create an off-the-shoulder effect so went for a wide neck, and a panel of moss stitch paralleling the shape of the neck, which I emphasised with a row of double crochet. The intention was to use an i-cord, but the yarn was too stretchy for that - and the dc didn't need any sewing on. I also wanted some shine to highlight, so have painstakingly stripped all the fluffy stuff and used just the ribbon for the edgings.

I haven't managed to upload the photo, and in any case I despair of getting good photos - my hand shakes so much that you don't even get a clear image, let alone an artistic composition!


Back to presents - oh, this was for DD's birthday, which is why the tribulations weren't catalogued before now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home