Undo it and knit it again

The life and times of a retired knitter

Name:
Location: Leicester, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wednesday's child


Is it Wednesday's child who was full of woe? Certainly that was me yesterday. The day got off to a good start - 3 DVD's through the post, good session at the gym, nice vegetables going cheap at Sainsbury's - and then it started to rain.

OK, so the dogs wouldn't get their walk (and neither would I) but what better excuse for a day of wall-to-wall knitting? On goes a dvd and out come the needles. It was the tv version of 'Gaudy Night' which I'd seen the first episode of. It began well, and I was revelling in the period Oxford and fashion stuff when: DISC ERROR. And so it went on until I gave up.

Did some rows of Kiri - they are getting quite long now. And then discovered I had made a mistake so had to unpick all but 2 rows that I'd done.

Started a new jacket. The pattern is from Rowan's Classic silk and wool, and I thought it looked interesting, apart from the pastel turquoise yarn it was made in. French navy, I thought - much more stylish. Several hours later it was clear that the fabric was a lot of trouble to do and I really didn't like the effect. So that came off the needles. I've kept the welt, which I DID like - but have no idea at all what to put on top.

Back to the stash, and swatches. I hope these may be more productive, but really: a wall-to wall knitting day when I complete 2 rows and a welt?

Consolation image: the photo is Hesta, Gareth and Salli's dog, who comes to the park with me when it isn't pouring down.

Good thing it's Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home